Friday, August 17, 2012

My heart is full

...and I couldn't be happier. I have so much going on right now and it's the busy kind of good. Raising 2 handsome boys, wife to a hard working husband that allows me to stay home with the boys and do what I love, bow making! I have fall shows I am gearing up for and Aiden is about to go back to MDO in Sept, my baby turns one in Sept, I am joining a MOPS (mothers on preschoolers) group at my church in Sept and well as you can see Sept will be pretty busy but in the good kind of way. In addition to this long wonderful list I have taken on helping my sweet friend Laura (I have known her for 18 years!) at Bits of Splendor and a few other awesome ladies working on Project Hope.

Laura has been working on Project Hope for over a year now. She had a "crafting event" to decorate about 50 boxes last winter and I don't remember why I didn't go to help, I remember it being cold, rainy and a Saturday morning, all of those are not good combinations for me.

When she announced a few months ago wanting to hold another crafting event and that she wanted to double her goal of 50 boxes from last time, something inside told me I needed to help. I started that night sending her story and her blog about Project Hope to businesses on Etsy. Not knowing what they would say or what kind of response I would get. That morning I had a few replies and they were more than happy to help. I was kinda shocked, but then thought, no I guess I'm not. After all Laura's great writing skills paired with what the Lord was already doing with this project was just the beginning.

Over that last month or so I was able to get donations for door prizes, a banner for us to use at our event, and booties, hats, lovies, etc. I was so happy what was coming of this project. The Lord was working his way into peoples hearts that were donating items, money, time and still is working.

This project is near and dear to my heart because of the miscarriage I had in between the boys. And even though it was at 7 weeks it was still a baby and had a heart beat and was alive. I wanted to help in a big way with this project and had no idea at the start of this project how I would but it has all come together.

But for those that haven't gone through a miscarriage it seems to still be an important Project to and I love that. I am so excited to see how the donation drive will go and even more excited to see the crafting event take place on August 31st.

All those boxes, decorated for sweet families and moms to take home to look at, read and hold on to in the memory of their precious babies, is just to much to take. I love it all.


Matthew 7:7 
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment