Thursday, October 25, 2012

New Chapter begins tomorrow......

So after already think about what this "new chapter" may be....NO I am not pregnant or will be getting pregnant anytime soon. HA...First things first. I NEED to get healthy.

I have battled weight all my life. I mean as a kid I was not over weight but not thin. In middle school and high school I was in volleyball and then in softball.
So I was active and was able to be at a good weight that I was ok with it.
Once I graduated high school the freshmen 15 quickly became the freshmen 50! And before I knew it in 3 years I went from 120s to180! I was in shock when looking back at pictures that I was that size. I was happy and living life and eating my way through it.
After a beach trip with my family to S. Padre it became clear to me and my family that something needed to be done! My mom (already a normal size) and I went to weight watchers. I started there in August at 179 and the first week I lost 4 lbs! I was amazed and in shock that it worked!
The next week it was 3 and then 2 and it just kept coming off. Of course there were weeks where I maintained or even gained an oz or lb or 2. BUT I made it through and by that spring I was 130s! Just in time for my 21st bday. That summer I moved in with my best friend, Kathleen and we were so busy with life, work, babysitting jobs, college and KICK BOXING. I was able to be a tad more flexible in what I ate and was in GREAT shape.
In 2007 I got married - 130ish lbs
In 2008 I had Aiden
In 2012 I had Preston
And basically have weighed the same ever since I had my first born.
So in the 4 years I have tried ww again, I guess I wasn't serious enough to want to do it and see it work.
Then I tried to detox and do a fruit/veggie smoothie diet, 5 days straight and I thought I was going to die, lol.

So no, why now? I am ready! Ready to be excited to go shopping (I dread it now), ready to want to be and take pictures (right now I barely have pictures and if I do it's just of my face) and ready to be healthy and have energy.

One month till family portraits, and would love for my clothes to fit better.
6 weeks till FB weight loss challenge is over (starts tomorrow and $ is involved)
8 months to loose 50 lbs to be ready for summer and more $$$$ from another incentive program :-) (my mom)

So today I had a wendys meal (VERY bad and high in calories) as my last "BIG and BAD" for me meal. First few weeks will be tough and hard to get use to the smaller portions and making better choices. But it's not like I don't know what to do or how to do it. The fun part is that my sister and best friend are doing ww too!!
I weigh in tomorrow at noon and then it BEGINS !
I will update on here with my weigh ins and what I eat and what activity I do.
Wish me luck :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment