Sunday, August 26, 2012

How do you measure your success?

Is it by your job, by your house, your car you drive, or......????
To me everything I need is under my roof. I am successful not because of what I have but because of who I am and what I do with my life. I get so tired of family and friends looking down on me because I am a "Stay at Home Mom". Yes I have a college degree and I did work out of the house while my oldest was son was 4 months old till he was about 2. So I have been that working out of the house mother and the mother that works at home. Let me tell you they both have their ups and downs. But for me right now, my place is at home with my kids. And my husband is finally at the point where he sees and values how much work I do at home with the house, the boys and my business. It's one thing just to be a SAHM but to be one that is trying to run a business is HARD work. I don't get 6-8 hours to just sit at my desk and work, update websites and email customers and suppliers. I have to multi-task and figure out how to make it all work while juggling the SAHM duties too. I am not sure what the future holds or what I will be doing in 5 or 10 years or once the boys start school. But for now I am happy to be where I am. My heart is here in my home with my boys and my work.

That being said I didn't get very much work done this weekend, but I am kinda ok with that.
We went to a birthday party of a little boy that my oldest son use to go to school with (when I worked out of the house)

It was fun for the whole family. 
Life lesson #54 waiting patiently for cake is always hard no matter your age

Is this baby really turning ONE in less than 2 weeks?!?!?!


Blessed to be a mom to these little monkey boys.


Look at these stinkin cute boots I found at a resale shop for Preston! I HEART resale shops.

Hope your weekend was fun and relaxing with those you love most too.





No comments:

Post a Comment