Saturday, August 11, 2012

Forgiveness

I have sad and heavy things on my mind tonight. It's a sad day when you realize how little you mean to someone that is suppose to be "family". But actions speak louder than words and as much as I try to follow the rules and do what it right. It gets old after awhile to feel defeated.
I know none of this makes sense, but without getting into to much, all I can write is how I am feeling.

Today was a get work done, while doing laundry and while my hubby played with the boys type of day. Well that's the kind of day it was suppose to be. Yes laundry got done and some work too with some hot glue burns on my fingers -ouch- and the kids played, with whining, fits and boogers.
We also watched the Lorax again (we watched it last night) and I must say it is the.cutest.movie! I don't mind watching it over and over. If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it.



We went to church and loved every minute of it. Always a good message, and a great time to focus important things in my life. The boys had a blast and it is my favorite family activity.
But this evening was rough for me and I heard this Matthew West song 2x today "Forgiveness" It's a great song and definitely is one of the hardest things to be able to do, forgive others especially family and friends.
So as I really thought about the song and try to be the bigger person, it's hard to do but easy to give to God to handle.
"It’s the hardest thing to give away
And the last thing on your mind today
It always goes to those that don’t deserve
It’s the opposite of how you feel
When the pain they caused is just to real
It takes everything you have just to say the word…
Forgiveness
Forgiveness
It flies in the face of all your pride
It moves away the mad inside
It’s always anger’s own worst enemy
Even when the jury and the judge
Say you gotta right to hold a grudge
It’s the whisper in your ear saying ‘Set It Free’
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness
It’ll clear the bitterness away
It can even set a prisoner free
There is no end to what it’s power can do
So, let it go and be amazed
By what you see through eyes of grace
The prisoner that it really frees is you
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness
I want to finally set it free
So show me how to see what Your mercy sees
Help me now to give what You gave to me
Forgiveness, Forgiveness"

So focusing on God and what he has done and is doing in my life and my boys life is what I am focusing on. Not the negative and those that are negative around me. After all how could you not look at these sweet babies and smile? They are my everythings. My little blessings.

P.S.- Next blog will be a MUCH more happier and uplifting one. :)


2 comments:

  1. Loved this Nessa! I have noticed a difference in you lately and I can see God doing a work on your heart. Keeping walking in love and the blessings will continue to flow in your life.
    love ya!

    P.S {take off the word verification for comments :)}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Laura, I am excited to see what the rest of the year has in store for me and my family. Blessed to have friends like you :)

      P.S. I would if I could but I can't. no really, no clue what your talking about or how to do that. There needs to be a blogging 101 class or someone (uh hem) needs to write a blog on the top 10 things you need to know before starting a blog, lol.
      love ya too!!

      Delete